Job Description – Robotics Vision Engineer
Robotics Vision Engineer
We are a 3-year-old dental robotics startup in the San Francisco bay area. We’re technologists, scientists and artists. We’re startup veterans with backgrounds in healthcare, robotics and consumer electronics. We are developing groundbreaking technologies that will transform a whole industry segment. We love what we do and we have fun at it. We work in a laid-back, flat hierarchal company structure. We’re passionate about building an outstanding company and products that change consumer experiences.
We’re looking for an experienced, detail-oriented individual to join our team and work in a startup environment. This is an opportunity to apply your cross-functional skillsets, creativity and experience in computer vision, machine learning, robotics and control systems to solve exciting product development challenges. This is a high-visibility position within our fast-growing company and assumption of increased responsibilities over time is expected.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and test vision algorithms to control robots and advanced hardware systems created for human interaction environments
- Develop and evaluate state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for real-time control of robots and other hardware devices
- Port, implement, and optimize analytics and machine learning algorithms using special purpose computing architectures
- Propose and implement creative, efficient solutions for vision and control problems, and contribute to expanding our intellectual property portfolio
- Perform technical performance benchmarking and analyses to support engineering decisions
- Determine project specifications and project schedule by studying product requirements and specifications, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements
- Assist in installation and running of product demonstrations
- Debugging with no additional support.
- Participate in design reviews
- Documentations for design control
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in C++, OpenCV and PCL
- Experience in 3D computer vision and video analytics algorithms, such as image segmentation, 3d reconstruction, object and motion detection, tracking and classification
- Experience in machine learning algorithms for vision problems, including deep learning.
- Experience in real-time video analytics pipeline
- Experience in robotics desirable
- Knowledge of internal hardware, 3D camera designs, design logic, and camera logic
- Preferable development experience in a regulated environment (healthcare, automotive, etc.)
- Effective documentation practices and experience writing reports and protocols
- High level of technical aptitude and understanding of system design
- Microsoft Office and technical presentation skills
- Technical: engineering reliable, safe, efficient products
- Design: Building great consumer experiences
- Innovation: Seeing the world differently and generating solution
- Contribution: Building something that serves humanity
- Learning organization: highly engaged team member
- Entrepreneurial: sees challenges, opportunities for improvement, and adaptability
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. and 5+ years of work in computer vision, software or related field
- Strong competencies in algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
- Working experience in algorithm optimization for embedded hardware platforms
- Please submit a current resume and links to any additional information such as online portfolio, projects, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.